Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 7 - Get in the Chitchen and Make me a Smamich

Sorry, inside joke with my mum. Let's just say we saw a scrapbook page on display with that as the title. It doesn't take much to amuse us.

Dinner tonight was a contest entry. You had to incorporate All Bran or a similar healthy cereal into a quick, but healthy dinner. Yeah, right was my first thought. All Bran? I wouldn't eat that by choice for breakfast let alone be able to incorporate it into a dinner that I would serve my family. But then I thought if I thought it was impossible,then what better challenge?

My shtick is I usually tend to spice things up..and that's what I did with this one. There are lots of great spices and my go-to gal, Tabasco.

Like I said, I thought that any type of dinner with cereal..bran cereal, would taste like cardboard. But these are *awesome*! We had them tonight with spicy mustard dip and potato salad. They rock! Even my toddler who hates meat (much to my husband, the hunter's chagrin) devoured these.

I'm so proud that I was able to create a dish that is really tasty and healthy. You get a power punch of fiber and protein!

And of course, if you would take the time to vote for it.. I'd be so grateful :D

Until tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment