Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 1 - What's Going On PussyCat

Current Contests
Paula Deen's "Real Women Of Philadelphia"
We are starting week 4, desserts. I have created 4 recipes to enter and I keep coming up with more. The hardest part of this contest has been to find time to film. Thomas is working M-F till the end of the month, so we are left with Sunday to film. Sunday is the day entries are due, so if there is a technical issue.. I'm screwed.
I do now have all my past entries (side dishes, appetizers, and entree) uploaded on to YouTube and you can also see the written recipes here.
There will be 4 more weeks - all categories are repeated. I honestly do feel like I have a good chance at becoming a finalist. Each week I've become more and more comfortable with jabbering in front of the camera. It has been hard to keep Isabelle quiet while we film. Hopefully Paula thinks toddlers yammering is adorable or I'm screwed.

Better Homes & Garden Monthly (Cranberry Sweets and Soup in a Slow Cooker)
For the cranberry sweets contest, I altered my well loved chipotle chocolate brownie recipe into a double chocolate cranberry brownie. First flop in awhile. I used 2 cups of frozen cranberries and well the juice made brownies too wet. After 45min, I threw in the towel. They did set up nicely overnight, but none the less I changed the recipe. It now has part frozen cranberries, part dry sweetened cranberries. (I'm not posting the recipe until the results are in because they don't have clear rules and I'm not sure if it's allowed.)
I still have to test my soup in a slow cooker recipe. It's going to be a variation on my ALL TIME FAVORITE, French Onion Soup. I'm actually really excited to try this. I love this soup and if I could make it with less effort, I just might break into dance and song!

yellow tail
I have my wine cocktail created. Just waiting for Thomas to pick up some sparkling yellow tail wine so I can test it. That is a bummer part of being preggers during part of this year. No liquor contest tasting for me. Ah well, at least the hubby and friends can give me feedback.
It's going to be a twist on the Bellini - with a new fruit! This one requires a photograph. Again I'll post the photograph and recipe after the results, as their rules are unclear.

Manjula's Kitchen
This month contest is based on chickpeas! I'm so excited. I love Indian food and I love hummus! My recipe has been created & tested. They also want a picture, so I'll get that done as soon as I can pickup some heavenly naan bread.

Star of the Bar
Another liquor contest, this one is for Bacardi Rum. I tested 3 recipes this past week with my husband and some friends. We had Choco Bananaberry Frosty, Hot Mango Madness, and Sour Pink Pucker. The latter one by a landslide. This contest requires a 90 sec YouTube video.. so we will be filming that this weekend as well. I wonder what the judges will think of a 2nd trimester barmaid?

Mixing Bowl
This contest is for a yummy dessert with Rice Krispie treats as the star. I'm going to be remaking my favorite See's candy, the Scotchmallow, with this one! Still working on the recipe, but should be trying it this Thursday. Pics will follow that day.

And that's it for now folks!
If anyone wants any of the recipes before I'm legally allowed to "publish", just drop me a line!
Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment