Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 2 - The Waiting Game

Although we are in the middle of the 4th week of Paula Deen's Philly contest, they will be announcing the winners from week 2, appetizers. I actually entered 3 recipes that week. I recreated tea sandwiches. I was really excited about them, but I did encounter numerous technical issues on their website. I have been assured that there were in fact considered, so today I sit waiting..waiting..waiting... If I'm not announced today as finalist, it is far from over,but I'm so excited I can barely sit still.

My mother is actually traveling in Savannah today with a good friend of hers. She promised to say a little prayer this morning for me. Will it be the extra good luck I need? We will know soon!


I created an Excel timesheet last night of all the culinary/liquor contests I am aware of and created my own timeline for them. There are SO many! It's funny to me to see which ones I'm drawn to. Of course the REALLY big prize money sticks out,but that is not the only factor for me.

For example, I found one that ends this month that is contest for "manly food". That just totally cracks me up. Luckily women can enter, and within seconds of reading their rules I decided I'd make a super spicy corndog or mini winer corndog.. with some surprises.. I just know Thomas is going to *love* testing those..

I'm not going to be able to enter every contest I find due to time restraints, but it is awesome to know that opportunity is out there for everyone!

Until tomorrow..
(unless I hear from Paula..)

No comments:

Post a Comment